Quality Pest Control In Poth, TX
What was once a historic railroad town at the turn of the century is now the expanding small town of Poth. Located on the far reaches of San Antonio, Poth places a good amount of emphasis on community and knowing your neighbor. The center of town is home to a collection of locally-owned businesses and walkable streets. Conditions in Poth are significantly warm and dry throughout the year, which is enjoyed by most, but can also make way for common area pests.
Pinnacle Pest Defense is determined to provide friendly, affordable, and professional service to homeowners and businesses of the Poth area. We are proud to be a locally-owned business, so we know the communities that we serve and look to do so with integrity. All of our pest treatments are built to suit your needs, but will always follow Integrated Pest Management methods in order to prevent problems from recurring. If you could benefit from pest control services, contact us today for more information.
Home Pest Control In Poth, TX
At Pinnacle Pest Defense, we are committed to keeping your home pest-free so that you can get back to living. We know how stressful it can be to have an active pest problem, big or small, on your property, which is why we always start our process with free inspections. From there, our certified pest control specialists will work with you to develop a plan of action that best suits your schedule and budget. We offer homeowners three different types of plans that are all designed to keep you protected from the most pervasive of pests. We also work with homeowners for pest-specific problems like termite control or cockroaches. To protect your home from pests, contact Pinnacle Pest Defense today.
Commercial Pest Control In Poth, TX
Running a business requires a lot of you, and stopping to handle a pest problem can really get in the way of things. That’s why Pinnacle Defense is here. With a combined 60 years of experience, we are the team that businesses call when they need reliable and affordable pest control solutions. We always start by giving you a detailed inspection so that we can determine either how pest problems are happening or how they could develop, given the conditions of your business. From there, we work with business owners to create a treatment plan that is centered around Integrated Pest Management, which means minimal chemical application and long-lasting results.
At Pinnacle Pest Defense, we specialize in real estate transactions and new construction, as well as servicing commercial properties including nursing homes, medical offices, schools, and warehouses. Customers from all backgrounds work with us because we offer affordable pricing, flexible scheduling, and are a local team, so you’ll always work with technicians who actually know the area. Contact us today for more information on how we can help keep your business free from pests.
All The Ways Cockroaches In Poth Are Harmful To Your Health
Cockroaches are one pest that you hope to never have on your Poth property. They are not simply a nuisance; they actually pose a significant health risk. Cockroaches are dangerous because they:
Carry bacteria that they can spread to your food.
Can lead to anxiety for people living in infested homes.
To make matters worse, the most common cockroach, the German cockroach, is growing immune to many over-the-counter pesticides. Additionally, trying to get rid of a cockroach infestation on your own will likely prove unfruitful because cockroaches tend to hide and can survive on very little food and water, so they have little incentive to leave. For more information on preventing cockroaches or for the complete removal of a problem, contact Pinnacle Pest Defense today.
Five Easy Ways To Keep Earwigs Out Of Your Poth Home
No, earwigs won't crawl into your ears; however, they are an annoyance in Poth homes nonetheless. Here are five easy ways to keep them out:
Remove leaf piles and other yard debris.
Keep hedges and trees on your property trimmed.
Avoid putting mulch within 12 inches from your home's foundation.
Seal up cracks and crevices around your home.
Use a dehumidifier, especially in places like the basement.
The most effective way to prevent an earwig problem is with professional assistance from the team at Pinnacle Pest Defense. Contact us today for more information.
Frustrating Fleas In Poth
Fleas are small parasites that travel around Poth very easily, and they usually take advantage of unsuspecting hosts in order to do so. Some of the hosts that fleas utilize include mice, squirrels, birds, raccoons, rats, and a variety of other wildlife creatures. Because these animals have free roam, this is one of the most common ways for homeowners to develop flea outbreaks on their properties.
Fleas will also use household cats and dogs as their host. Pets are left at risk of fleas particularly if they are not treated with year-round flea prevention from a vet. Fleas can actually pose some very serious health risks to pets that their people will want to avoid. Once fleas latch onto a cat or dog, they can feed for two hours without being disturbed. These feedings can lead to anemia, but can also spread the pathogens that cause tapeworm, cat-scratch disease, and typhus.
Flea problems can also be frustrating because of how difficult they are to eliminate. Fleas tend to hide in upholstery, pet beds, carpeting, and other places that people usually won’t notice. And because female fleas lay between 40 and 50 eggs, outbreaks can grow very quickly. For more information on flea control in Poth, call Pinnacle Pest Defense today.
Here's Why Termites In Your Poth Home Are So Dangerous
A termite’s objective is to find wood to eat. For some species, this takes the form of damaged wood with fungus growth; other termites are simply attracted to wood that’s in good condition. Either way, termites can eat away at your wood all day if you let them. The result of their work usually develops over years before people notice the extent. At its worst, termite damage can look like having hollow walls, sinking ceilings, and foundations that collapse. This type of damage causes approximately 600,000 American homeowners a collective five billion dollars each year. To make matters worse, preventing termites without professional help can be truly challenging.
An additional risk of having termites in your home is the potential health issues that could be inflicted on members of your household. When termites eat away at wood, there are particles that float through the air. This can irritate allergies or asthma attacks in some people. Additionally, frass, which is termite feces, has also been linked with these same health issues. For more information on Poth termite control for your home, please call Pinnacle Pest Defense today.
5 Simple Rodent Prevention Tips For Poth Property Owners
When rodents enter Poth properties, they are usually in search of food, water, or someplace safe to nest. Their presence has the ability to cause serious health hazards as well as property damage because of their need to chew. In order to keep rodents from becoming an issue, try these five tips:
- Clean up landscaping. Certain rodents, like rats, are very good climbers. They will use any greenery that comes into contact with a home as a way to enter it. In order to deter these habits, scale back hedges, plants, and trees.
- Seal off entry points. Rodents are also capable of fitting through unimaginably small openings. Look around the foundation and fill any flaws with materials like steel wool, liquid foam, caulk, or wire mesh. It’s also important to leave garage doors open judiciously, as this is another very common way that they enter homes.
- Tidy up. Mice and rats are usually looking for food and places to nest, so creating a clean home is imperative. Store seasonal clothes and sentimental items in sealed containers instead of cardboard boxes. Sweep up crumbs and take out the trash frequently as well.
- Fix moisture problems. To further reduce rodent attraction, keep basements free from moisture with dehumidifiers, fix leaks, and make sure that crawl spaces are well ventilated.
- Bring in the pros. When dealing with rodents, don’t take chances. Consider contacting a local pest professional for rodent control in Poth.
For more information on reliable rodent prevention, call Pinnacle Pest Defense today.
All The Answers To Poth's Scorpion Questions
Scorpions are a common pest problem for Poth residents. Here are helpful answers to some common questions about them:
- What do scorpions look like? These pests are unmistakable, with their large front pincers, upturned abdomens, and prominent tails.
- What attracts scorpions? They usually appear because of the presence of other pests, as well as water and moisture either inside or outside.
- Are the scorpions in my yard dangerous? Luckily the state of Texas is not home to any species of scorpion that are considered medically dangerous. That said, some people may experience slight allergic reactions to their stings.
- What’s the best way to get rid of my scorpion problem? There is absolutely no substitute for professional scorpion control in Poth from a trained pest expert. Preventing these pests requires a multifaceted approach and eliminating them can be tedious and potentially dangerous.
For more information on scorpion control, call Pinnacle Pest Defense today.
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.